Bundle the PDF and audiobook and save!
Come tour history with Ted and Mona, your trusty guides to fun and fact-based history! This is the third installment in the Snapshots of History series.
In 36 chapters, Ted and Mona explore early modern history from the rise of colonialism to the eve of the American Revolution. They make stops around the globe in places like Elizabethan England, Safavid Persia, Edo Japan, Colonial America, New France, the Ashanti Empire, and more.
Along the way, Ted and Mona will see the effects of colonialism, the rise of the first mega-corporation, the scientific revolution, and the first steps toward our modern world. They will discuss major historical figures like Ivan the Terrible, Akbar the Great, Yi Sun Sin, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Ana Nzinga, Emperor Kangxi, Oliver Cromwell, Louis XIV, Changamire Dombo, Po’Pay, Peter the Great, Osei Tutu, Queen Nanny of the Maroons, Frederick the Great, and George Washington.
The back-and-forth dialogue between Ted and Mona keeps this book fun and engaging and provides opportunities for students to read along. Their dialogue is modeled after the classical teaching style and encourages deep thinking and probing questions.
In this book, the overly enthusiastic, art-loving twins Arty Arthur and Literary Lily introduce Arthur and Lily’s Culture Corner. In 16 Culture Corners, Arthur and Lily highlight major writers, artists, thinkers, and art styles including William Shakespeare, the Median Emam, Johannes Vermeer, capoeira, and Isaac Newton.
Are you ready to discover early modern history?
To see the full table of contents or read sample chapters, please visit our Snapshots of Early Modern History page.
The bundle includes the following digital items:
- PDF Snapshots of Early Modern History Vol. 1: Read the core text on your mobile device or computer and enjoy the full-color design, handy timeline references, and many maps, photographs, and paintings.
- Audiobook Snapshots of Early Modern History Vol. 1: This professionally voiced audiobook brings the characters of Mona and Ted to life making it easy for students to study independently or while on the go.
A full description of each product can be seen by clicking on the name of the individual product.
PDF + Audiobook Bundle: Snapshots of Early Modern History Vol. 1
This product includes two or more digital files. As such, the product downloads as a .zip file. Below are your options to open a .zip file:
- On a Mac, simply double click the .zip file to unzip it.
- On a PC, right click on the .zip file and click "Extract All".
- On an Android device open the Files app, locate the .zip file in your downloads, and click "Extract All".
- iPhones and iPads do not have the built-in ability to unzip files. You can download a third party app such as Unzip or iZip to open the .zip file on your mobile Apple devices. If you own a desktop computer you could also download and unzip the files there and then sync them to your mobile Apple device through iCloud or a manual sync.
If you are using an iPhone/iPad or are otherwise having trouble opening your .zip file, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with an alternative download option.