Join Ted and Mona in the second installment of the Snapshots of History series! In 36 chapters, Ted and Mona explore medieval history from the fall of Rome to the rise of colonialism. They make stops around the globe in places like Imperial China, the Holy Roman Empire, the Aztec Empire, the Islamic Empire, Heian Japan, the Ghana Empire, the French and English Monarchies, the Byzantine Empire, and more!
The back-and-forth dialogue between Ted and Mona keeps this book fun and engaging and provides opportunities for budding readers to read along. Their dialogue is modeled on the classical teaching style, and encourages deep thinking and probing questions.
In this book, Ted and Mona are joined by two new friends, the overly enthusiastic art-loving twins Arty Arthur and Literary Lily!
Are you ready to discover medieval history?
To see the full table of contents or read sample chapters, please visit our Snapshots of Medieval History page.
This complete curriculum package includes everything you need to make a full and enriching year studying medieval history. With over 850 pages and 10 hours of audio, this package is jam-packed with valuable learning!
The bundle includes the following digital items:
- PDF Snapshots of Medieval History: Read the core text on your mobile device or computer and enjoy the full-color design, handy timeline references, and many maps, photographs, and paintings.
- PDF Instructor's Guide to Snapshots of Medieval History and PDF Student Guide to Snapshots of Medieval History: After you finish reading each chapter, continue your learning with vocabulary, activity pages, hands-on activities, reading suggestions, and more. If you're teaching multiple students, our books are licensed per family, so you can print extra copies of the student pages for each of your children.
- Audiobook Snapshots of Medieval History: This professionally voiced audiobook brings the characters of Mona and Ted to life making it easy for students to study independently or while on the go.
- Ted's Timeline Kit: Medieval History: Get all of the pieces you'll need to create your own timeline to keep track of history. The timeline includes both wall and notebook options so you can create the size and style that works best for you.
A full description of each product can be seen by clicking on the name of the individual product.
Digital Curriculum Package: Medieval History
This product includes two or more digital files. As such, the product downloads as a .zip file. Below are your options to open a .zip file:
- On a Mac, simply double click the .zip file to unzip it.
- On a PC, right click on the .zip file and click "Extract All".
- On an Android device open the Files app, locate the .zip file in your downloads, and click "Extract All".
- iPhones and iPads do not have the built-in ability to unzip files. You can download a third party app such as Unzip or iZip to open the .zip file on your mobile Apple devices. If you own a desktop computer you could also download and unzip the files there and then sync them to your mobile Apple device through iCloud or a manual sync.
If you are using an iPhone/iPad or are otherwise having trouble opening your .zip file, please email email@example.com and we can provide you with an alternative download option.