Snapshots of Ancient History is an elementary level history text told as a dialogue between two kids, Ted and Mona. It's a fun, new approach to history, sure to engage your child. The book contains 36 chapters focusing on Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China, Greece, and Rome, plus a few more stops in other parts of the world. We hope you'll come take a tour of history with us!
To see the full table of contents or read sample chapters, please visit our Snapshots of Ancient History page.
This complete curriculum package includes everything you need to make a full and enriching year studying ancient history!
The bundle includes the following digital items:
- PDF Snapshots of Ancient History: Read the core text on your mobile device or computer and enjoy the full-color design, handy timeline references, and many maps, photographs, and paintings.
- PDF Instructor's Guide to Snapshots of Ancient History and PDF Student Guide to Snapshots of Ancient History: After you finish reading each chapter, continue your learning with vocabulary, activity pages, hands-on activities, reading suggestions, and more. If you're teaching multiple students, our books are licensed per family, so you can print extra copies of the student pages for each of your children.
- Audiobook Snapshots of Ancient History: This professionally voiced audiobook brings the characters of Mona and Ted to life making it easy for students to study independently or while on the go.
- Ted's Timeline Kit: Ancient History: Get all of the pieces you'll need to create your own timeline to keep track of history. The timeline includes both wall and notebook options so you can create the size and style that works best for you.
A full description of each product can be seen by clicking on the name of the individual product.
Digital Curriculum Package: Ancient History
This product includes two or more digital files. As such, the product downloads as a .zip file. Below are your options to open a .zip file:
- On a Mac, simply double click the .zip file to unzip it.
- On a PC, right click on the .zip file and click "Extract All".
- On an Android device open the Files app, locate the .zip file in your downloads, and click "Extract All".
- iPhones and iPads do not have the built-in ability to unzip files. You can download a third party app such as Unzip or iZip to open the .zip file on your mobile Apple devices. If you own a desktop computer you could also download and unzip the files there and then sync them to your mobile Apple device through iCloud or a manual sync.
If you are using an iPhone/iPad or are otherwise having trouble opening your .zip file, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with an alternative download option.